Wednesday 26 October 2011

Blog Post #4

I am reading "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" movie script adapted by Steven Kloves.

"DUMBLEDORE
There's been another attack.

Madam Pomfrey gasps. It is not a statue lying there. It is Colin Creevy, camera still clutched to his eye.

PROFESSOR McGONAGALL
Perhaps he managed to get a picture of his attacker..." page 62

One of the main events in this script is the basiliask pertrifying most muggle-born students. I can relate this to an episode of CSI: Miami I watched a while back. In the episode, a killer was going around killing a certain profile of people. One of the victims was a photographer, and his body as found with a camera in his hand. The killer in Harry Potter (Baskilisk), only went around trying to kill muggle-borns (which is the certain profile), and the victim is obviously the same, with a camera clutched in his hand. I can also make a worldly connection. I cannot say I have heard of people bring petrified by basilisks, but in the news I sometimes hear stories about murder victims, and about the people chasing them. It reminded me of the newspaper clippings, and various news television shows, and the horror behind it.


This is Colin Creevy, whom got petrified in my example.



I could not find the exact video of the episode, but here is the theme for you. Enjoy!!




1 comment:

  1. I found the font hard to read and it made the post harder to understand. I think this is a decent (although indirect)connection. Did the camera have anything to do with the murder in that episode? The text to world connection was a little general. Try to make one that's a little more specific next time. Overall this is a pretty good post!

    ReplyDelete